Sunday, June 20, 2010


Woven squares ----- potholders.

Friday, June 18, 2010


I trashed the square throw project. Decided I would be spending far too much time on assembly. On to the next idea! This morning I sorted all the fingering weight yarn into two piles; one greyed colors, the other clear colors. Then I cast on 300 stitches and each row will be knit in a different color. I'm working with the clear color pile, but the muted shades are mighty tempting. The resulting throw will be very narrow stripes. Hmm, guess I'll have to knit a bit and then photograph the results --- cropped into a "square" format.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

knitted throw

I started knitting some sample squares to determine the best way to join them. With all edges being bias, crocheting two squares together is giving more elasticity to the edges then when I either knit or sewed them together. I did the crochet join with red yarn so it can easily be removed and not be confused with any of the knitting yarns. The weight of the yarn is fingering worked on size 7 needles, which should achieve my goal of a summer weight throw.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

June 16th

Any medium; all squares